Zack and Danny are great friends, but they both have feelings. Those feelings are very hidden. However, Zack's feelings are reflected on his face. Just seeing the way he looks at Danny or how he cares about everything he does is so tender. I love seeing his heart.
Zack has started dating Nolan, and Danny is upset with him. Which I understand, because if you can't laugh, you're scary. Really, really scary. Even though we all know it's a sign Danny has hidden feelings, it's no wonder he doesn't want to talk about it.
Director: Ron Oliver
Writers: Rick Garman, Greg Baldwin, Jonathan Bennett
Stars: Jonathan Bennett, Tyler Hynes, B.J. Britt
I think one of the best things about movies is the small moments. The moments when glances are exchanged, the way a smile forms, the sadness or joy in someone's eyes. But one of the hardest things to watch in movies is heartbreak.
And seeing Zack's pain over the breakup with Nolan hurt. The way he was portrayed and the physical pain I felt watching it was overwhelming. It was so convincing.
Danny definitely missed a moment to tell Zack how he feels. But the fear of rejection or the fear of losing a friendship is tough. That fear is overwhelming. BUT, you never know until you try.
And that's why I love the friendship between Pete, Jackson, and Danny: because they motivate each other to be better.
Nolan doesn't know Zack as Danny. I think Zack is bothered by it more than he wants to let on: his indecisiveness. He gets so defensive and angry about everything. But the way Danny gets Zack to open up and the way he's able to put things aside to be there for Zack... that's love.
I have to admit, watching Zack and Danny plan the wedding and talk about where to have it was simply overwhelming. Taking you to a place where you've been with your best friend, someone who means something to you, is wrong. So wrong.
Nolan, you came at the worst possible time. Danny dared to tell Zack how he feels, and now you want to call and tell him it's been the worst week of my life? Lord, that's your problem.
How did Danny manage to contain himself when Zack told him and not burst into tears when he asked him to be the best man? No way. Danny tried too hard to make up for his feelings and agreed to help plan the wedding.
Nolan is a walking red flag. He doesn't want to set aside time for his wedding, and he should be embarrassed. And then, when he's thinking about his dream wedding... Nolan... come on, Lord. It's both of their weddings.
Danny and Zack planning the wedding. Absolutely adorable and heartbreaking. I swear Danny might be my favorite character on this show because he's so relatable. He's funny, heartbreaking, strong, and self-sacrificing. But there's no point in watching them together if I don't want to jump on the screen and tell Zack to wake up.
The moment they put on their tuxedos, and just seeing Danny looking in the mirror, imagining who he was going to marry. The way Danny became somewhat destructive with his feelings (Nolan's feelings after that) made me feel sorry for him.
Trying to break up relationships is never good. Venting to make yourself feel better is selfish. But I also think keeping the fact that you love someone to yourself is also very selfish. Playing with people's hearts isn't fair.
There's a time and a place for everything. This whole situation is breaking my heart.

Comments
Post a Comment