There are few actresses who can boast a four-decade career and still be under 40. Mae Whitman is one of them. She laughs and says, "It's crazy, right?" as she recalls her early days playing the daughters of some of Hollywood's biggest stars, from George Clooney in One Fine Day (1996) (Clooney gave her a Tiffany bracelet: "It has a bunch of little charms on it, and I've always treasured it") to Meg Ryan in When a Man Loves a Woman (1994) and Bill Pullman in Independence Day (1996).
Several decades later, with numerous films (The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The DUFF) and TV series (Parenthood, Good Girls) under her belt, Whitman is now a mother to her son, Miles. For her latest role in Twelve Dates ‘Til Christmas (premiering December 5), she traveled to the UK with four-month-old Miles to play Kate, a textile print designer who finds herself in a rut when her friends sign her up for The 12 Dates of Christmas, a holiday dating show. The series, based on the popular book by Jenny Bayliss, follows Kate as she embarks on elaborate, unusual, magical, and quirky romantic adventures.
Creator: Erin Rodman
Stars: Mae Whitman, Eimear Morrissey, Lucy Eaton
"There are some amazing dates," Whitman says. "I really related to her... She handles them in such a funny and relatable way. There's one where her date maybe doesn't even show up, and she ends up entertaining herself with breadsticks and champagne. That was so fun to film because they let me improvise and do what I would actually do if I were alone with champagne and breadsticks, which has happened to me before. I was able to get into character very easily."
Joining her in this festive adventure are co-stars Jane Seymour and Mary McDonnell, as well as Julian Morris, Toby Sandeman, Nathaniel Parker, and Lucy Eaton.

Comments
Post a Comment